Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Medieval splendour

Not a great photo but i just wanted to share my quilt which i recently finished. I'll have to wait for a sunny day and take a better pic. I started this about 5 years ago and put the finished quilt top aside as i was worried it was too busy. I was going for something that reminded me of the many medieval tapestries i saw while travelling in Europe. I came across a selection of William Morris fabric with these lovely owls and birds which i thought was just perfect.


Although it is pretty busy i think it actually looks pretty good on our bed and i am really happy with how it has turned out. It feels very luxurious to snuggle up under it and as i make a few more bed sized quilts i find myself swapping them around a bit to suit the season. This has a wintery, autumn feel too me.

I hope you all had a great weekend. I had an amazing weekend with a massage, dinner out with the other half, my godsons birthday and an afternoon in the sun with friends. Ah summer is finally on the way!

Take care everyone.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous looking quilt! No wonder it feels luxurious to lie on.
    And your weekend sounds lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete