Pages

Sunday 13 May 2012

Mothers day

It's such a weird feeling having my first mothers day. I always think of mothers day as being for my mother and suddenly the focus has expanded to include me and my new little family. It's part of the shift into this new phase of my life and i feel so grateful for my little boy and my partner and the family we have all formed. It makes me sentimental about my childhood and of the moments i now spend with my family.
It's a wonderful, wonderful feeling.

Given how good the day has made me feel you might think i didn't need the commercial gift. I'd like to think that too but nah gifts are cool too lol. You have to love a gift from the heart, the other half treated me to a new piece of art from one of my favourite artists. This lovely piece is on its way to me as we speak.


Isn't it beautiful? I think i have just the space for it too. Along with the beautiful art i got a bottle of my favourite wine, a sleep in, a beautiful walk in the park and a yummy Chinese dinner. 
Very very spoilt and very very grateful.

I thought i would share the poem from my first mothers day card from my son it bought a tear to my eye.

"Sometimes you get discouraged
Because i am so small,
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But everyday i'm growing,
I'll be grown up someday
And all these tiny handprints
Will simply fade away.
So here's a final handprint
Just so you can recall,
Exactly how my fingers looked
When i was very small"

- Unknown author

It came in the card with two little wiggly handprints. Very special.

To all the mummies out there i hope someone treated you to all you deserve today. 

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment